Container terminals at Bayport and Barbours Cut in Houston will remain open on Saturday, Sept. 16 to alleviate a shipping backlog caused by Hurricane Harvey in late August. Saturday hours will be from 0800 to 1700, with ingates closing at 1600. The storm shuttered the ports on August 25, and they remained closed until August 30. Restrictions on the Houston Ship Channel were removed on Sept. 1.
According to an announcement from the Port of Houston -
- Empty yards will be open;
- PHA customer service will be available;
- Reefers will not be accepted or dispatched;
- OOG will only be accepted or dispatched if it is dropped / picked up with the chassis it is already on -No swaps to /from a terminal chassis
- Please be mindful of vessel receiving windows and cutoffs – see the latest vessel schedules HERE, or on the LYNX homepage.
- Vessel operations will also continue through the weekend
The Port of Houston was spared from significant storm damage, and ContainerPort Group's trucking terminal in LaPorte, TX did not suffer any damage to the office or independent contractor fleet.