ContainerPort Group is pleased to announce that we will be a Platinum Sponsor of the upcoming IANA Intermodal EXPO being held from September 17-19, 2017. Several members of our team will be in attendance for the EXPO, and our Vice President of Safety and Compliance, Fred Marsicano, will be speaking as part of a panel.
Let’s take a look at some key details for the event.
IANA Intermodal EXPO Essentials
This year’s Intermodal Association of North America EXPO will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California, and will house over 125 companies on the tradeshow floor, with their businesses spanning 70+ product categories. Speakers, representatives, and attendees have backgrounds in:
- Equipment manufacturing and leasing
- Ocean carriers
- Motor carriers and drayage
- Technology vending
The EXPO is projected to have 19 educational panels over the course of three days, with topics in the categories of:
- Intermodal university
- Intermodal economics and environment
- Intermodal operations
- Intermodal sales and service
The event should once again prove to be a valuable experience for those in the industry, and we at CPG hope you’ll get as much out of it as we plan to.
ContainerPort Group at IANA 2017
At this year’s IANA EXPO, ContainerPort Group is a proud Platinum sponsor and Pocket Guide sponsor, and will join alongside our industry’s leaders.
CPG members attending the EXPO will include:
- Russel Graef – President
- Jim Kramer – Senior Vice President, Midwest
- Fred Marsicano – Vice President, Safety and Compliance
- Jordan Hunt – Vice President, Container Yard Services
Additionally, as mentioned above, Fred Marsicano will be speaking as part of a panel on the topic of “Legislative & Regulatory Impacts on Intermodal Operations.”
The panel will be held on Monday, September 18, running from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The moderator of the panel will be Marc Blubaugh, who is outside General Counsel for the Intermodal Association of North America. Panelists in addition to Fred Marsicano include:
- Jason Craig – Director, Government Affairs, C.H. Robinson
- Jonathan Gold – Vice President, Supply Chain & Customs Policy, National Retail Federation
- Anne Reinke – Vice President, Federal Affairs, CSX Transportation
Our representative, Fred Marsicano, has 30+ years of experience within the transportation field, and in his role as Vice President of Safety and Compliance he contributes directly to all levels of our fleet’s safety, our recruiting efforts, and risk attributes within the ContainerPort Group network.
His oversight helps CPG to meet essential industry safety requirements, stay apace of technological developments, and conduct intercompany safety procedures, including driver and terminal safety.
Fred’s background in the field includes:
- Active member in ATA’s Safety Management Council
- Has served as an executive board member, as well as chairman of the safety management committee, for the Indiana Motor Truck Association
- Holds an M.S. degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Holds a B.S. in business administration from Elizabethtown College, PA
We’ll See You at the EXPO
We look forward to sharing our industry expertise and insights at IANA 2017, as well as learning about new developments in the intermodal industry. We hope to see you there.